Saturday, May 8, 2010

Presentation Overview

Greetings,

Melissa and I have successfully completed our demo lesson of "The Very Busy Spider" by Earl Carle. We prepared for our lesson by generating a lesson plan that involved a podcast reading the book, completing worksheets, and answering five questions to grab the students attention to facilitate student learning. The objective of our lesson efor students to read "The Very Busy Spider" and answer questions based on the book. As a formative assessment we asked the students: What is a spider? After reading the title of the story, what do you think the spider will be busy doing? Pretend you were one of the farm animals, what would you ask the spider to do? and why?

I taught the students how to analyze a work of literature by answering critical questions. I enjoyed teaching "The Very Busy Spider" although the lesson was not executed how we planed, due to the behavior distributions. At the end we wrapped up the lesson as the students colored their favorite farm animal. As I reflect I think that I could have the students work in groups and improve my time management. The students also taught me that patience is like smooth waters of nature that flows when there is peace.

Our first procedure introduced "The Very Busy Spider" by playing our podcast which recordeed us reading the book. Unfortunately the volume was not working so I began to read the book while showing the students the pictures of all the farm animals. In the future I can use the podcast to dictate spelling words of the week and spelling tests.

Through this experience I was also a student when my classmates taught their lessons. All of the teaching experiences included such behavior that could exist in a classroom like a student yelling or throwing their shoes. A lesson about sea creatures incorporated a lot of capturing materials for example, a pet turtle, mini statues, and games for each station. I liked the idea of engaging each student with something different.

In a different listen I learned to always watched how I communicate to the students. This lesson was fun and involved dancing around in a circle while making animal sounds. The idea of having the students move around keeps them awake and energized. This presentation was great but the teacher said "you guys" alot. Through executing my lesson and modeling a student and other lessons I learned that even when you have a perfect lesson plan and the class went the way you anticipated, there are many ways the teacher can improve his/her learning environment.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the insights shared in this article. Engineering students often face challenges with technical calculations, design concepts, and project documentation. Reliable academic support can significantly improve learning outcomes and assignment quality. Students looking for online engineering assignment help can benefit from expert assistance, customized solutions, and detailed explanations. Such services support academic growth while helping learners meet important deadlines successfully.

    ReplyDelete